The Atheologist

Theology is the study of theism; Atheology is the study of atheism. I am The Atheologist. Why don’t Atheists embrace religion when the vast majority of humans do? Why are Atheists regarded by most of society as thugs, rabble, vermin and generally naughty people. The Atheologist will attempt to seek out the true answers to these and many more questions by using logical assumptions, interviews with people of all faiths and really, really good research. The Atheologist wants to know.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
  • Definitions , Email the Atheologist
  • Thursday, September 07, 2006

    Is There A Doctor In The House?


    Back in July, Zimbabwe lifted the ban on the practice of witchcraft. (Exodus 22:18 be damned!) The Zimbabwean government acknowledged that supernatural powers exist - but prohibits the use of magic to cause someone harm. The new ruling also reversed the 1899 legislation that made it a crime to accuse someone of being a witch or wizard.

    The president of the country, who has been in power for 26 years, is Robert Mugabe, popularly known as just, “Bob.” The Atheologist applauded Bob and his constituents back then for having the guts to show that religious discrimination is wrong. Freedom of religion means freedom for all religions, even Black Magic, not just the more popular ones.

    Now more great news from Zimbabwe - witch doctors, are going to be permitted to give patients official sick days, which will be recognized by employers. The Atheologist thinks that this is a great idea. I know that if I’m under someone’s spell, the last thing I would want to do is go into work and spread my nasty spell amongst my co-workers, even if I still had my penis.

    The Atheologist

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Sheldon said...

    On a related note. I am surprised it took this long. For an undergrad anthropology of religion class I read an ethnography called Guns and Rain which was about the role that ancestor worship and witchcraft played in the Zimbabwe independence struggle. It was very interesting but also a difficult read:)

    12:10:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home