The Atheologist

Theology is the study of theism; Atheology is the study of atheism. I am The Atheologist. Why don’t Atheists embrace religion when the vast majority of humans do? Why are Atheists regarded by most of society as thugs, rabble, vermin and generally naughty people. The Atheologist will attempt to seek out the true answers to these and many more questions by using logical assumptions, interviews with people of all faiths and really, really good research. The Atheologist wants to know.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
  • Definitions , Email the Atheologist
  • Thursday, November 17, 2005

    Are Atheists Boring People?


    While religious people are busy making the big headlines, what are the Atheists of the world up to? When people of faith are always in the news, making the big story of the day by - blowing themselves up, killing their children, flying planes into buildings, having fun with altar boys, starting wars, blowing up people, etc... Atheists it seems are just sitting back and taking it easy. Why is that? The Atheologist posed this question to Catholic League president William Donohue, he responded by saying:

    "It is their lack of motivation that is the main problem with these Atheists. I can't speak for the other fake religions but we Catholics have great history and standards to uphold. Who could forget the inquisition or the Crusades or witch burning even, oh the good old days! These Atheists have no guiding force in their lives, no supernatural being that they have to please and win the love of. They are just a bunch of boring slackers without any real purpose in life. Oh, and what happened with the altar boys?"
    Well the Atheologist would have to agree with old Bill, after all he has the title, "president", so he must know what he's talking about. So get with the program all of you good for nothing Atheists. The Atheologist can only hope to see headlines someday that read, "Atheists Fight Agnostics In The Streets" or "Atheists Terrorize The Blood Count As He's Napping Before Dark"

    The Atheologist

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    So you are in your early twenties then? The first thing you need to know about what you "claim" to know is that you can never know. This makes you an Agnostic not an Atheist. This is why you don't see any stories about Atheists because intelligent non-believers are Agnostic. The terms Atheist and Theist are both a contradiction since neither can ever be proven definitively.

    5:51:00 PM  
    Blogger The Atheologist said...

    mathias,
    I am The Atheologist, nowhere on my blog have I made a "claim", nor did I label myself as an Atheist. If you had read my definitions you would have seen that my definition of an Atheist is someone without a belief in a supernatural being, not a denial, hence we are all born Atheists. It is later on in our lives that some of us take a different path.
    Oh and thanks for the compliment, I am in my late forties but do I feel like a twenty year old.

    9:36:00 AM  
    Blogger Kevin said...

    I also disagree with Mathias. I consider myself an agnostic and an atheist. I believe the two definitions are not different in degree, but are different in kind. Agnosticism has to do with knowledge (i.e., I don't know if God exists for certain), and atheism has to do with belief (i.e., I don't believe that God exists). I've written a short article about this on my blog.

    2:10:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've posted words from atheism.about.com onto this posting. I do call myself atheist because I have no belief in god/deities.

    2:29:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home